Sunday 26 November 2017

Proportion of Light and Dark Shapes (Block-Ins)

I just completed Week 2's assignment in my Schoolism Essentials of Realism course. The first assignments were to block-in the light and dark shapes of an image, gradually getting more complex in each stage. Sometimes I would work backwards, doing a more complicated one and realizing I can simplify it. It takes a lot of squinting to see these shapes and a lot of thinking to know where and how to indicate them.





The following images are from the second assignment, where I'm no longer tracing over reference, but using comparative measurement to redraw a larger version in several block-in stages.




Learning lots from Jonathan Hardesty in this course and enjoying these challenging visual puzzles!

Thanks for reading,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment