Tuesday 29 March 2016

Documenting That's Happening

"It's you, and you're it, and that's that.  That's the magic of art."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

BY ANTHONY ROSS

This is my incubator for ideas.  With this blog I will be showing you the process of my thoughts and understanding of the world, as much as that is.  I'm telling myself, "Don't underestimate yourself. Be a master at whatever level you're at, right now."  In this telling, I have to accredit myself a master at blogging and a master at living. For if I were not living a fully creative life, such that I've accounted that I am living in this documenting, then you would not read this. You wouldn't start to listen to me if you had any reasoning at all.

At this point I'm starting to sound a bit like Lemony Snicket's book ends.  Turn away from this page now if you have any common sense, so you don't have to listen to someone talking about 'what is'. What is that all about?  When the birds sing, they sing.  There's no musical melody they're 'coming up with,' to use later.  It's coming up with it then and there, and as if it's just a happening by itself.  I suppose there is beauty in that, if you're with it.  Then, it's like watching a movie and imagining your place in it.  When you are with it, there is no imagining, because you're placed in it.  It's you, and you're it, and that's that.  That's the magic of art.

So to go back to my first point.  I'm writing as if I'm just writing. Or at least I intend to do that, whether I'm intending to do that intending or not.  Now, to document a process that is happening is a difficult task, especially if you are the one who is doing it.  What am I talking about?  Let me explain, in and with words.  When I say, "I love you," it is only when I end with you that you know what's happening.  It is a mystery when I say I, because anything in the world can be that.  When I start with 'what is' then I'm nowhere to be found.  You happens by itself.  Love happens by itself.  I happens by itself.  We only understand it after we've streamlined it backwards, taking each into a piece and placing it within another for its context.

See what I mean.  It's difficult to document a process that is happening.  This incubator of ideas (this blog) is an invention itself, gathering context within itself to be cross-referenced with other pieces that exist in life.  How can I use all this cross-referencing, and at the same time be seeing life with fresh eyes, active and alert in the changing phenomenon that is 'this happening'.  So, what next?

I could be a master at this blogging, by being a master at where I'm at.  I will not be a master at it, ever, if I am not this latter master, because there in is the foundation and the substance of anything the blog could ever accomplish.  In the process of making a blog, when attending my every moment, I am continuing to be of substance, foundation and living-life.  At least, that's the intending case, as much as I attend to it.  Without it, I am a ghost under a rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment