Saturday 16 December 2017

Random Updates

1) I've quit my job as a cashier so I can save my tendons and hands for drawing and painting. My other jobs will give me more rest and be better for long-term art practice. One more week there.

2) My next Youtube video is going to be a long one. One hour of reviewing my figure lay-ins and the Watts Atelier live stream course I've been doing since October. Here's an image that won't be in the video and probably should be, because I think it's my best yet. Ha!


3) I ordered in smooth newsprint and realized how poorly my previous paper was taking my charcoal lines. It's like drawing on sand paper compared to the newsprint. The above drawing was my first on the new paper.

4) I received a lovely gift from Century Guild the other day for sending them an email with some kind words about how I don't mind the delay on my order of LE PATER by Alphonse Mucha. You never know how words may affect someone. I was very surprised and joyful in receiving it.


5) Only a couple weeks before I turn to the first month of my Frank Frazetta calendar. The art for the first four months before the new year is the classic Death Dealer. Nice to have Frazetta art on my wall and a new one every month!



6) Next term - the Winter term of Jan/Feb/Mar - I will be registering for some more live stream courses with Watts Atelier. For sure I will be auditing Drapery with Erik Gist, taking Head Lay-ins with Jeff Watts and maybe also taking Lucas Graciano's Foreshortened figure drawing. We'll see.

That's all for now.
Take care all you silly humans,
- Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment