Friday 30 June 2017

Summer Term Starts Tomorrow!

It's here!

Tomorrow I switch curriculum and start doing new classes. My Summer Term (2017) will go for the next two and a half to three months; the months of July, August and September. I may use mid September to October as a bit of a transition period into the next classes of the Fall Term and start exploring the new classes I will be moving into at that time. We'll see. For the meantime, these are the new things I'll be working on each week for this term.

SUMMER TERM 2017 – July/August/September

Story Writing and Design
Adding this as a class so that I make sure to do some dedicated work on my personal project on the writing side of things.

Kazua Oga/StudioGhibli Landscape Studies and Landscape Painting Compositional Motifs
This class I will be studying landscape painting motifs and studying and analyzing these motifs in the works of Studio Ghibli.

Watts Atelier Head Phases
Continue moving my way through the Watts Atelier head drawing phases.

Watts Atelier Figure Phases
Continue moving my way through the Watts Atelier figure drawing phases.

Torso Anatomy (front and back)
This class's focus is on learning/memorizing the anatomy of the torso through emulation and simplification.

Michael Hampton Figure Invention
This class's focus is on digesting and practicing all the information in M. Hampton's figure drawing book.

Vincente Romero Master Studies
Studying the work of Vincente Romero.

Realistic Portraits by Jason Seiler (Schoolism class)
Learn from Jason Seiler about how he draws portraits and heads.

Fan Art Character Studies
Studying characters from my favorite films and series' for exploring design/story telling.

Creature Invention - Anatomy and Essentials of Realism (Schoolism classes)
Invent and refine designs of creatures I've started for my story, applying the information in these Schoolism courses I did.

Animation
Learn and practice and play.

My Spring Term didn't have as many classes as you see here, but I plan on doing as much as I can each week with maintaining a balanced practice of the four disciplines (landscape, portrait, figure and still life.) Many of these classes can be linked together, such as the three figure classes, the head ones too. As long as I get something in for each discipline and am consistently learning and applying what I'm learning, I'll be good.

Continue to visit my social medias to stay tuned up with my practice, and keep those pencils sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment